Adopting a pet is a serious commitment, time-wise as well as financially. Feline Friends offers Fostering as a way for cat-lovers to enjoy a cat without the stresses and costs associated with caring for a cat its entire life. Please read more to learn if Fostering is a better choice for you.
Dubai is a transient place, filled with people from all over the world. Most of us will move on from here at some point, either back to our home country or onto a new exciting place to further our careers. Sadly, a lot of our cats were abandoned by people who have moved on from Dubai. Because of this, we want their next homes to be permanent. Adopting a cat is a long-term commitment (cats can live up to 20 years!). There are numerous pet relocation services (please see our section on Pet Relocation) and if you follow the importing country's rules and regulations, it can be an easy transition for both you and your pet.
We know taking the cat with you is not always possible (sometimes there is no notice period to arrange for transport or the country we are moving to does not allow cats to be imported), which is why we offer an alternative to adopting called Fostering. Fostering is a good choice for a variety of people, even if they don't plan on leaving Dubai. If you answer yes to one or more of the following statements, perhaps Fostering is the right choice for you:
1. I am unsure of when I will leave Dubai, or how much notice I will have.
2. It is very hard/expesive to bring animals into my home country, I don't think I could take the cat with me.
3. I move from country to country every few years.
4. I travel a lot and don't know who would care for my cat in my absence.
5. I don't have enough money to pay for large vet bills if my cat were to get sick.
6. I've never had a cat before and I'm not sure if I will like it, but want to try.
7. I don't know if the next apartment/villa I move to with allow me to have pets.
8. I want to give more than just one or two cats a chance at a better life.
Please see our Fostering page to learn more about the program.